Monday, January 23, 2012

MORE PROGRESS!!

I believe I am truly making fantastic PROGRESS!! YEAH!!

I surely do not want to chance "bragging", but I truly think this is going to be a real beauty to be treasured. I have already been assured by the Pastor's wife that she LOVES this and that the Pastor will be absolutely appreciative and also love this piece. It is almost going to be hard to give it to him.

But, I am feeling such a closeness to Max the past few days and feel he is with me with each stitch. I can only wonder if my numerous tangles in my thread is not Max wanting my full attention as he so often would do in his practical jokes on me. And, unbelievably no tears!!

I think I am well past the half way point of this piece with the exception of this border. I have been dreading this border with a passion. However, I have received many comments from people who have done similar borders of "My Big Toe" and related the borders were an easy stitch and went rather quickly. Again, only time will tell.

One stitch at a time as my life goes on!!

Here is last week's progress!!
Love and Hugs!!
Deborah

8 comments:

Denise SA said...

Its looking better and better. You sound happier too I am so glad.

Kathy said...

OMG Girlfriend that is simply AWESOME!!!! No one could look at that and believe that just a few short years ago you were struggling to put a few stitches in aida! It is and will be stunning!

crossstitchbibs said...

You GO GIRL!! Absolutely fantastic and you are inspiring me more and more to work on Amazing Grace. Now of course I am not making as great of progress as you but at least I pulled it out and stitched two lines on it last week.

Wanda said...

Deborah, it is GORGEOUS!

Anne Sans Tete said...

You're on a roll! It's looks fantastic, as usual!

- Lisa N. in Cambodia

Katrien said...

it's beautiful Deborah!
I've been trying to mail you, but keep getting the message your mailbox is full.

Nancy M said...

That's awesome progress! I remember when you were struggling to put in a few x's!!!!!

Deborah said...

I also remember, all too well, those LONG stitching sessions of 4-6 hours that only resulted in seven stitches completed - and that was on Aida cloth!! I am so blessed that I have recovered so much and come such a long way!! And, I have not given up yet for complete recovery!!